Axial Piezocomposite Impulse Generators PIA
PIA impulse generators provide fast accelerations to test objects, structures and materials. A special dielectrical piezoceramic is used for highly-effective piezo impulse generators with a high power density.
The impulse energy density is twice as much as the comparable ceramics for actuators.
- Adjustable impact parameters like energy/acceleration/deflection/
E < 4 Joule; a > 10.000 g, stroke up to > 100 µm
- High repeatability of the impact parameters, precise time behavior
- Pulse energies in the Joule range
- Variable collision- and repetition rate
- Shortest expansion times in the µs's
- Pulse width at about 10 µs
- Precise triggering in the µs-range
- Contact between actuator and specimen before impulse