Product Spotlight May: The PIA Series
“Shake it, don’t break it” This principle – which is of course overly simplified – sums up the operating principle of non-destructive testing methods. Here, the characteristics of materials and structures will be evaluated under extreme conditions such as strong forces, pressures or vibrations. The PIA Piezocomposite shock generators by piezosystem jena are able to give these well established testing procedures a new spin.
The PIA actuators use specially designed piezocomposite ceramics to generate impacts. These ceramics grant the actuators certain advantages over other commonly used actuating technologies:
- extremely high force generation
- short rising times in the µs range
- variable impact-repeatability
- pulse width around 10 µs
- high repeatability of impact parameters
Users of the PIA actuators are able to define various impact parameters for different applications, e.g. testing parameters for different types of materials.
Non-destructive testing applications like , defect analysis, modal analysis or acceleration tests are areas the PIA shock generators excel at. Like all Piezocomposite actuators by piezosystem jena the PIA series is highly customizable and can be designed to ideally fit a specific application.
To learn more about the PIA series and other Piezocomposite products, visit the Piezocomposite page on our Website or contact us directly. You can reach us via info(at)piezojena.com or +49 (0) 3641 66880.
NEW Product Catalog from piezosystem jena
- Application examples of piezo positioners
- Piezoelements with nanometer-precision
- Piezocomposite- High-Load-Actuators
- Motion Control elements
- Piezoline: detailed description of piezo-technology
- Extensive explanation of the technology of High-Load-Actuators