Mirror tilting system: PKS 1
The solid and constant positioning of an optically controlled laser is a technical challenge that is now solved by the new mirror tilting system PKS1, developed by piezosystem jena.
The system can perform corrections of the laser adjustment by microseconds to high precision.
Based on two orthogonal tilting axes, the compact design and the high stiffness cause a high resonant frequency of 450 Hz in combination with a fine resolution of 2 nrad. Within the large manual setting angle of ±2°, the piezo drive enables a fine adjustment of 1 mrad. The system is completely applicable to vacuum conditions.
A mirror (12.7 x 6.35 mm) can be easily mounted by using the set screw or it can be glued directly.
The PKS 1 represents a cost effective and competitive solution for applications which require the high precision positioning of optical systems.
Product Catalog from piezosystem jena
- Application examples of piezo positioners
- Piezoelements with nanometer-precision
- Piezocomposite- High-Load-Actuators
- Motion Control elements
- Piezoline: detailed description of piezo-technology
- Extensive explanation of the technology of High-Load-Actuators