Hermetically insulated stack type actuators series P/S: Long life under extreme conditions
The piezo actuators of the P/S series are enclosed by hermetically sealed housing meeting the requirement of the IP 68 protection classification. Thus the piezoelectric element is shielded against external influences, such as extreme temperatures, high pressure and corrosive environments - conditions in which conventional actuators reach only a limited lifetime of a few hours. Unlike the series P / S, which achieves an Mean Time To Failure of 36,000 hours (for use below 85 ° C and 100 V).
Translators are available in versions with a stroke of 18µm to 70µm. Hereby the piezo drive is able to realize a blocking force of up to 3400N. The construction of the housing tightly encloses the stack, thereby avoiding mechanical play. A built in pre-load mechanism and mounting attachments make installation easy and handy. The M3 thread in the bottom plate allows for easy adaptation into existing systems.
- Motion up to 70µm
- Blocking force up to 3400N
- Universal use in different settings
- Hermetically sealed
- Very small and compact design
- Independent from environmental conditions
- Mounting at bottom plate
A few common applications include adjustment of X-Y tables, mirror/prism positioning, linear motors, and fluid flow control valve drives.
For more information, please click here.
Product Catalog from piezosystem jena
- Application examples of piezo positioners
- Piezoelements with nanometer-precision
- Piezocomposite- High-Load-Actuators
- Motion Control elements
- Piezoline: detailed description of piezo-technology
- Extensive explanation of the technology of High-Load-Actuators